Dear Junior Tour Participants,
Due to the COVID-19 situation and our concern for the health of our players, parents, sponsors and friends, the Junior Tour Powered by Under Armour will be postponing the Spring 2020 Season start date until May 2nd & 3rd weekend. This information may change as the situation evolves and we will update as necessary.
We are closely monitoring guidance from local, state and federal health authorities regarding the coronavirus (COVID 19) and its impact within our communities. While the CDC continues to provide pertinent information, we will adjust accordingly. We must all take everyday precautions to protect ourselves and our communities.
When season play resumes, we will strictly adhere to the listed modifications of our Tour rules.
Keep in mind our participants will be spread out over a wide-open, outdoor space in the fresh air. We have made adjustments so that no group gatherings will take place before, during or after our events.
1) On site course check in will take place outdoors with roll call.
2) Participants are all walking the course (not riding on carts) and are to maintain a distance of 6 feet between each other before, during and after the events. Groups will contain 3-4 players per hole.
3) To prevent participants from handling flag sticks, flag sticks are to remain in the hole throughout the competition. (According to USGA Rule 13.2a (2) “There will no longer be a penalty if a ball played from the putting green hits a flagstick left in the hole.”) In addition, our league directors will oversee that flag sticks be wiped with a disinfectant prior to match play on all 9 holes.
4) Group photos will not be taken until further notice. We will take individual photos throughout the events and of each winner at the end of the round (in place of our usual award ceremonies).
5) Participants are to refrain from shaking hands, exchanging high fives, etc. Instead we suggest a head nod or wave.
6) Participants or spectators who show any signs of illness will NOT be permitted to participate in our events in any way.
7) Lift, clean and place rule in effect in all bunkers so bunker rakes are not to be touched.
8) No exchanging of scorecards. Players are to keep their own score and the score for everyone in their group confirming scores at the end of each hole. At the end of the round, the players give the scores to the league director verbally to write on the scoreboard.
9) All players/caddies must handle their own golf bags-no bag drop.
10) We have made adjustments so that no group gatherings will take place before, during or after our events.
Players may register for the Junior Tour UA leagues as late as 72 hours prior to a league match.
Please check back for continued updates as things could change in the coming days. Contact your league director or Ray Taranto, CEO with any additional questions or concerns; firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual Match fees can be applied to a future Tour credit for an alternate match OR refunded upon request if a future match date does not meet your needs. **Refunds for the seasonal registration fee of $150 cannot be provided as all expenses for all National regions have already been paid forward. (These include and are not limited to; player shirts with embroidery, awards (trophies & medals), banners, flags, league director kits, insurances, etc.) We truly appreciate your understanding.
The Junior Tour Powered by Under Armour is a National youth golf league for boys and girls ages 6-18 of all skill levels. The National concept sprouted from our popular regional youth leagues. There are 3 coed age divisions (6-9, 10-13, 14-18). Junior golfers will play individual stroke play matches in a fun, friendly and competitive environment.
Each season consists of six, 9-Hole Stroke Play League Matches held on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Leagues will run during the spring (March- May) and fall (September-November) seasons at golf courses across North America. The TOP 12 Junior golfers in each of the age divisions from each region will advance to the National Championship and represent their region. The 3 overall regional division winners earn a FREE INVITATION to compete at the National Championship. To find a league in your area, visit the Locate League tab!
The Inaugural National Championship will be held at Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida July 17-19, 2020. Visit our National Championship tab for information and updates and National Championship details!
The Junior Tour Powered by Under Armour is independently owned and operated by THE NATIONAL JUNIOR TOUR, LLC.
GROW THE GAME #WE WILL
9 HOLE INDIVIDUAL STROKE PLAY MATCHES
3 COED DIVISIONS
6-9 AND 10-13 DIVISIONS ALLOW ON COURSE CADDIES ENHANCING PLAYER EXPERIENCE
PER SEASON REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES AN UNDER ARMOUR GOLF SHIRT, PLAYER PROFILE WITH PHOTO, SCORING AVERAGE & NATIONAL RANKING
AWARDS FOR ALL 1ST – 3RD PLACE FINISHERS IN EACH AGE DIVISION IN ALL LEAGUE MATCHES
EARN POINTS AT EACH LEAGUE MATCH TO QUALIFY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AT Walt Disney World® Resort (PLAYERS COMPETE FOR INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - TO BE TELEVISED ON FOX SPORTS FLORIDA AND MASN)
POINTS LEADER IN ALL 3 AGE DIVISIONS FROM EACH REGION EARNS A FREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATION
TOP 12 IN ALL 3 AGE DIVISIONS WILL REPRESENT THEIR REGION AS AN ALL-STAR GOLFER COMPETING AT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
ON SITE LEAGUE DIRECTORS AVAILABLE TO ASSIST IN MATCH DAY OPERATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
ABILITY TO PLAY AREA’S TOP COUNTRY CLUBS & GOLF COURSES
MEDIA EXPOSURE FOR YOUR JUNIOR GOLFER